The management of the Public Ports Agency of Andalusia accepts that our attitude towards the environment must be guided by the fundamental principles of continuous improvement of efficiency in port activities and the application of good environmental practices by our staff and users of the ports we manage directly, which leads us to propose the following basic guidelines:
- To provide the ports with the equipment and infrastructure they need for correct environmental management.
- To rationalise and standardise the many port activities so that we can minimise, and where possible eliminate, the potential environmental impacts that these may cause.
- To make the port services suited to the expectations of its users, responding at all times and wherever possible to their requests and suggestions to enable sustainable development.
- To seek the highest level of efficiency in port processes through the analysis and definition of procedures and the proper training, motivation and environmental awareness of our staff.
- To comply with and ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations, and any others that the organization may sign up for.
This Environmental Policy, expressed as environmental objectives and goals that are set and reviewed regularly, is the context in which we have to perform all port activity so that we can reassure users, the public administration and interested third parties of the commitment acquired by the management.