Objectives in relation with responsibilities over port issues
- The functionally and financially integrated organization and management of the ports facilities that belong to the Junta de Andalucía, including public property and port services.
- Detailed development and execution of the general ports planning and policy of the Junta de Andalucía in all aspects related with projects for construction, conservation and operation of works and services in the ports of the Autonomous Community.
- The application of the best safety and efficiency conditions in port services and operations, without prejudice to the responsibilities of other authorities.
- The physical organization of the port areas and the distribution of uses within them, in accordance with the relevant Administrative bodies for urban and territorial planning.
- The optimization of economic and financial management of the whole group of ports in the region, improving the efficiency and productivity conditions for port activities, and the overall profitability of the assets assigned to the system.
- The promotion of activities related with port traffic, within its responsibilities.
- The study, training and promotion of research into matters related with the economy, management, activity and port works.
- Coordination and links between maritime and land transport in the ports themselves.
- Cooperation with the Administrations, Corporations, entities and individuals whose responsibilities and activity affect the port or which are of interest to improve the way the port system is run.