Functions in relation with goods transport areas
The Public Port Agency of Andalusia has special responsibility for the following functions in relation with goods transport areas:
- Planning proposals for the areas destined to offer goods transport services.
- Obtaining, planning and managing the land needed to implement the Goods Transport Areas in the terms established by Law 5/2001, of 4 June, on Goods Transport Areas.
- Inspection and control of the regional Goods Transport Centres, and supervision, where appropriate, of the activity of the bodies running them.
- Drafting of the Regulations for the Internal Regime and Services for each Goods Transport Centre, and supervision of compliance, adopting any measures / penalties that apply to the Goods Transport Areas and Centres that the Agency is directly or indirectly responsible for.
- Proposal for the Department of Development and Housing on the establishment and modification of Goods Transport Centres and Goods Transport Stations that cover several municipal areas.
- Proposal to the Department of Development and Housing for the approval and modification of the functional plans of the Goods Transport Centres.
- Control and monitoring of the setting up of municipal Goods Transport Stations.
- Under the terms established by article 14 of Law 5/2001, of 4 June, on areas for Goods Transport in the Autonomous Community, financial contributions can be offered for the construction and development of transport areas, and proposals may be addressed to the Department of Development and Housing for the Regional Administration to assume the initiative, promotion, set up and running of the same, when there are no corresponding initiatives from local bodies.
- Direction and control of the Goods Transport Centres run directly by the Public Agency, without prejudice to the possibility of assigning their effective development to other public or private entities in accordance with current legislation.
- The granting, modification, revoking, reversion and expiry of concessions in the goods transport areas run by the Agency.
- Proposal for the Department of Development and Housing to approve, update, revise and modify the fees and charges that concessions and users must pay for the spaces provided.
- Exercise powers for policing and protecting the goods transport areas run by the Agency.
- Establish the conditions, including prices, in proceedings of any kind, sale, charges, leases or any other appropriate type, in relation with the land that belongs to the Goods Transport Areas managed by PPAA.
- PPAA will issue instructions to its representatives in the organs of administration of the entities created to manage the Goods Transport Areas in relation with the conditions, including prices, in proceedings of any kind, sale, charges, leases or any other relevant type, for the land that it owns.